Sunday, May 21, 2006

Am I full of hogwash (from the book of the sub genius)

Every now and then I get an email from someone who asks a provocative question or simply doesn't believe what I am saying.

Here was one such email:

"Doc, do you really believe you can make people smarter with a couple of supplements? Isn't intelligence genetic? Personally I think you are full of hogwash!"

Jerry G.

While no one is immune to criticism, I stand by what I say.

Yes, I think you can get smarter.

Before I launch into why, let me say that Jerry's email was one of the nicer ones I have gotten on this subject.

The worst was from some doctor who was a card carrying MENSA member.

What is it with these people? They wear their MENSA membership like some kind of badge of racial superiority; at least this guy did.

He stated that God gave him and his MENSA buddies special powers that you and I don't have because we are not geniuses.

He didn't like the fact that I hold the more modern view of intelligence that breaks things down beyond the contrived IQ test.

He didn't recognize things like emotional intelligence artistic and musical intelligence or entrepreneurial intelligence either.

I went to this clown's site and he basically said he could cure your cancer with his superior intellect.

That is if you could tolerate his asinine personality.

I held my finger over the button that would have distributed his self-inflated email to tens of thousands of people on the internet so they could rip his arrogant ass to shreds, at least verbally.

I decided not to because someone like that does not deserve ANY publicity, good or bad.

Ok enough of a tirade, and on a Sunday yet!

Here are a couple of reasons why I think you can get smarter.

Recent research has shown that the brain remains able to make new connections and "thicken" old ones.

There appears to be no limit to new learning and the development of intelligence in many areas other than raw IQ.

As a matter of fact I have had several people tell me they took IQ tests as well at different points in their supplementation and indeed experienced statistically significant improvements.

Some had more real world stories like they got a raise for better work performance for the first time in months or years.

Still others did better than before on exams and hadn't changed a thing in terms of study habits.

I have had musicians write to me and tell me they have expanded their musical abilities dramatically in a very short time.

I have had athletes tell me their mental focus has been cranked up through the roof and that it was the missing link for their performance.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The key is to keep the brain healthy and that boils down to 3 things

1) Reduce free radical damage

2) Provide the proper building blocks and nutrients as in fish oil and Instant Einstein

3) Support the brain energetically so it can function at a higher level as in Regenerizer and Instant Einstein.

So who am I going to listen to? Dr Mensa or my friends and customers?

And what if I am wrong and intelligence can't be improved?

Well, then at least we can all make the most of what we've got and that is better than using half of it; that's for sure!

Boost your brain and make your own genius felt.

Doc

P.S. My IQ is greater than 140; does that make me a genius? Should I rush to join MENSA? What if it was 139? Does that make me a sub genius? Who friggin' cares! It's what I do with what I've got that counts.

Same for you so let's get going and make this a great day!

Supplements mentioned in this blog:

Fish Oil
Instant Einstein
Regenerizer

No comments: