Saturday, May 20, 2006

Everyone has one and they often stink

I was in my seat at noon to see that Code movie everyone has been prattling on about for a couple of weeks. I read the book, and liked it.

It didn’t believe it was historical truth, and nobody in their right mind would either. I had the benefit of Instant Einstein too as I read it cover to cover one Saturday a while back when there was no heavy action at the Dave Cave.

It was what I would call a good read with some interesting theories and plot twists, and almost everyone I know read it too. Again, I would have to say that none of them thought it historically factual either.

Since the author stated as much I was never quite sure what all the fuss was about. Was it the subject material some people found offensive?

There were also some people who seemed to need to believe it was true even though Dan Brown said it wasn't

To me, that is delusional and maybe more Instant Einstein is needed For greater mental clarity.

Back in the day, (that would be about 30 years ago), I had a class in high school that covered the novel. Somewhere in the first ten minutes as I recall, thanks to fish oil and Instant Einstein, the teacher taught that the first thing you do is suspend your belief, you acknowledge that what you are reading is fiction.

That lesson was later repeated in my introduction to drama, and later in college, when I had similar classes on literature, theatre, and movies. I still remember the white haired professor who would always repeat, “It’s only a movie. It’s not real.”

I found myself repeating this the past week as the media was full of idiotic comments from the whole political spectrum. It was hard to turn on the radio, television, or pick up a newspaper without someone yammering about “The DaVinci Code.”

So I liked the book, and just to be contrarian, I went to the movie.

I liked the book.

The movie, well, it’s okay. It’s interesting for about 40 minutes, and then just kind of fizzles.

I can’t say what all the critics were so worked up about, but then again maybe that’s just me.

Personally, I think Opie and his buddy Tom could use a little Regenerizer. They both seemed to be a little bogged down, a little slow on the uptake.

Tom could use a little exercise and maybe he should push away from the table a little earlier.

Hey, it’s the truth, and a lot nicer than what the critics at the Cannes Film Festival were saying.

So Dr. Dave says, remember your fish oil, Instant Einstein, and Regenerizer.

In the words of the white haired professor, “Remember, it’s only a movie.”

And remember today's blog was only an opinion.

And like some other things, you know what they say.

Everyone has one...

All the best,

Doc

Overwhelmed with reality? Not sure who to believe? Confused by listening to too many opinions and unable to form your own anymore?

Then you definitely need Regenerizer and Fish Oil.

No comments: