Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mom and the motorcycle

There comes a point (or there should come a point) in your relationship with your mom where a mutual respect develops and you can add 'friends' to the list of things your mom is to you.

I have seen this from time to time and I have been blessed enough to have it happen with my own mom.

I have also seen many folks who never get there.

Some are stuck in the perennial child role with their parents always trying to please.

Some need to rebel so hard that one or both parents are excluded from their lives.

I was lucky!

So when my mom made a business suggestion, I listened. I'll get to that in a minute.

Now understand I still am my mom's son in her eyes, and I still cause her bundles of worry even as I near 50, and of course I still have that special fondness for her that only a child can have.

But we have become friends as well.

And so on mom's special day I can say that I draw inspiration from her.

As she lives life to the fullest and makes 80+ look fun she is one of the people I want to be like when I grow up.

Here are a few special recent moments I am especially proud of.

Mom joined me a while back at a business seminar. When asked by the host what an "older woman" could possibly be doing there she simply replied…

"I wanted to see what my kids are so excited about!"

Bravo mom and tremendous answer. It underlines a few things. Not only does she share in our excitement, but also she does not want to be left out.

The next moment came at the end of a long day of walking around Paris, mom's favorite European city. We sat down to eat and mom ordered for all of us in perfect French. Then she looked at me and said, "OK so how far did we go today?”

When I got done counting the places we had walked to and around that day the total came to just shy of 10 miles.

Not bad for an 80 year old lady!

Just the other day we had another "Mom" moment.

You see my mom was never a pill person. I can't replicate the face she made the day I told her I expected her to take at least some of my products to help keep her young.

I think I need a few more decades of trying until I can make my face go that way!

That was of course several years ago.

Well the other day she asked me for a BIG bottle of Instant Einstein (540 caps) and Monster multi.

You see she had burned through hers in exactly the prescribed amount of time proving once and for all that she can take in excess of 30 pills a day and not have to be cajoled or reminded.

If my mom can do it so can you and your mom!

She does it to keep herself young and as you may have seen a few weeks ago.

Then she made an astounding suggestion.

She told me to tell everyone what her personal routine is and make it available for everyone else out there, especially moms.

She figured that since it has helped her to maintain her youth there might be some other people who'd want to give that gift to their moms (and dads) as well.

So here is her routine.

2 packs of Super Omega 3 daily

2 packs of Instant Endurance daily

6 caps of Instant Einstein daily

6 caps of Monster Multi with minerals

2 packs of Cholesterol Bomb daily

1 pack of Pro Mac daily

She also uses the old Regenerizer and of course Immune Boost, at least through the flu season.

Honestly, I thought it was kind of a wacky suggestion but she has proven me wrong before so I am offering it to you and your parents if you want to try it at a discount.


If you want to get your mom off to a great start for the rest of the year go to the Mother's Day Special page and save big.

This is one day only! My fragile male ego couldn't stand it if mom wound up looking too good.

Heck, what do I care - maybe I'll make her president of Dr Dave's Best!

Oh yeah, the motorcycle.

My mom has done a lot of different jobs in her life.

She was in the Air Corp in WWII and tested the instruments in B-25 Mitchell bombers on their maiden flights.

She worked as a paint chemist and a geologist for a short time as well.

One of the last things she did before her children "interrupted" her life was to work in a hematology and pathology lab.

Her first autopsy was on the victim of a motorcycle crash.

So naturally she cringes every time I show up on her front door, helmet in hand, stopping by on a ride.

Well, the other day she announced she wants to face this old fear of hers once and for all; she wants a ride.

Naturally I will pad and goggle her up well.

If she lets me I'll take some pics of her first ride and put them on the blog in a few days.

Doc

P.S. Today's special really is one day only and will be taken off the site within 24 hours or less depending on supplies.

No comments: