Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dr Dave week in review - volume 1

Yep, your Dr Dave is on the road again. This time I have shuttled between the southernmost tip of California and San Francisco skirting pretty daggone close to Hollywood in the process.

So I've been inundated by Oscar moments and radio shows about Crash vs. Broke Back Mountain.

Traveling does funny things to my brain. You see I am out here learning, speaking, teaching and researching. Most of it bears directly on Dr Dave's Best and its customers, present and future.

But there are a lot of "hurry up and wait " moments.

Waiting on planes, trains and automobiles.

In the words of David Byrne from the Talking Heads, "I'm tired of traveling, I want to be somewhere."


Still, all this down time gives you pause to observe what has happened while you've been gone.

We had a cancer scare and a cancer tragedy.

Rock and roll mistress Sheryl Crow was diagnosed with breast cancer and actress Dana Reeve succumbed to the number one cancer killer in women, lung cancer.

Like Andy Kaufman before her, she never smoked. Some have postulated second hand smoke. Well that may have played a big role but there has to have been something else going on. I think her stress and pressure built up oxidatives, damaging her body and throwing her possibly already susceptible genes into disarray.

As a supplement expert and anti-aging doc I like to think things like fish oil and Boost Immune would have helped.

To prove it, I'd have to wave my magic wand and clone both Andy Kaufman and Dana Reeve and clone them about a year before their lung cancers killed them.

Then I could put both of their clones on fish oil and Boost Immune and measure and tracked their illnesses to the point just before their death.

Then I could wave my magic want and cure them all.

I know this all sounds funny but I will say this much, imagination is the key to the stuff of the future.


Sadly I am stuck in the present and I'd settle for waving my magic wand for an on time departure.

Then of course we had Oscar moments. The gowns the fashion and so on.

I was particularly interested in the buzz around Hollywood and San Francisco.
Let me tell you they are two different worlds.

Ironically, names like Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson and Carmen Electra still topped Lindsay Lohan and the Jessicas, Alba and Simpson, on the hit parade independent of whether they were in the Oscar line up or not.

Reese Witherspoon, who walked away with an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line, the Johnny Cash story, set the fashion tone at least for the next 6 months with her retro elegant gown.

Lazlo, my resident idiot savant poet thinks she went to the Quentin Tarrentino school of jaw lines but he made one interesting observation: "What happened to abs and buns of steel hunnies."

Lets pick this thread up with the next blog of the day, which I'll send you in a few hours.

Y'all come back now,

Doc

No comments: