Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I challenge JAMA

A few weeks ago the Journal of the American Medical Association published an article stating that fish oil is not good for cancer.

The godfathers of American medicine have spoken.

I wrote my rebuke at the time and of course there has been no retraction.

I would challenge them to act responsibly and rethink there position and publish the data.

At least use studies where fish oil was used!

Well here is yet another case where fish oil turns out to be good for cancer.

In this case it is to fight the toxic effects of the poison commonly known as chemotherapy.

Let me explain that statement.

Any one who has ever had or seen a loved one go through chemo know that the side effects can often be worse than the immediate threat of the cancer.

They also know that chemo can kill.

Well, the good news (it's not really news I've been saying it for a while) is that fish oil can help with chemo side effects and improve the weight loss problems associated with cancer.

Here is a direct quote from Sheryl Taylor's column:

To look at him, you'd never know Michael Isles is into his fifteenth cycle of chemotherapy for colon and liver cancer. "I've still got my hair I haven't had any mouth ulcers and there are many other side effects that I haven't been affected by at all," he says.
"I'm very lucky."


But it's more than luck: researchers at Sydney's Concord Hospital have discovered the fish oil capsules Mr. Isles takes daily have coincidentally also been preventing toxic side effects from his chemo.

Just a few years ago people were calling me everything from quack to crazy for using fish oil in my practice.

One of my former residents who I mentored called me the other day to tell me the local cardiologists were all using fish oil.

Imagine that.

I never wanted to be a "medical maverick", but I am sure glad some people are listening.

Also, I have not yet seen the American Caner Society revoke its endorsement of fish oil yet either.

Hmmm.

Down the road you'll see the traditional medical establishment using high dose fish oil for a lot more things.

But you don't have to wait. As a matter of fact, if I am right, you'll have far fewer worries about cancer and other diseases of aging on fish oil.

Order now.

All the Best from the King of Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil,

Dr Dave

No comments: