Saturday, March 25, 2006

On your own 2 feet

I got an email from a middle aged lady the other day who said she needed help losing weight and getting in better shape.

She knew her health was at stake and she knew that if she didn't do something soon she would lose at least some of her health forever.

I thought about what I usually tell people but then for some reason I remembered I had written something for myself many years ago.

I never dreamed I would be sharing it with you.

But here it is directly translated from a somewhat crumpled piece of paper I found exactly where I put it almost 30 years ago.

I have not made any changes to the punctuation as this was written "stream of consciousness" style.

I have used it a bunch of times since then to remind myself of what I need to do when times get tough.

It is very personal and as with all the personal stuff I share with you I am a bit scared about letting it out.

All the more reason to do so.



On my own 2 feet (Dr Dave circa 1979)


It's time I stood on my own two feet. Others may help me but at some point I have to be responsible.

No whining, no complaining, no drama, get past all that and drive your body or mind to where it needs to be where it creates, where it solves, where it proves over and over again that there are greater powers than you ever thought at your fingertips.

Use them, do not deny them, do not sink back into the smallness of the everyday crap from whence you came. Rise up, rise above and make things happen.

Make things happen and drive yourself towards what you want.

Be the man you want to be.

Focus on only what you want, not what is, not what is happening but what you want to happen.

Leave the frustration behind, it makes you "right" but it does not make you better.

It justifies but does not correct, it immobilizes and keeps you where you are now.

Do you like where you are now so much that you don't want to take another step in the next direction you should go.

Do you like where you are right this minute that you don't want to open the floodgates of MORE?

I want more.

I want it fast and easy but it for some reason it isn't I still want it, expect it and will get it. I know what works; it is a lesson that I do not need to hear more than a million times again.

I need to hear it everyday I need to hear it now.

Create now. Create what you want and nothing can stop you.

Stand on your own 2 feet and have faith in yourself even if no one else does.

Have faith in yourself because no one else does!

Thank others for their help but do not depend on it.

Admit to setbacks and learn from them.

But never let them beat you and never let them make you quit

Your future is in your hands.

Ask and it is given.


I can help you get what you want. Fish oil, Regenerizer, and Instant Einstein.

Doc

P. S. For those of you who are struggling, I hope this helps you as much as it does me. Feel free to write your own version and use it to get and stay on track with weight loss, fitness or any other personal goal.

P.P.S. In case you are wondering, I used this for the first time when I was taking my Medical School Entrance Tests. I wound up doing very, very well indeed and the rest is history.

P.P.S.S. For those of you who are struggling a lot, be sure and check out the "Psycho-Cybernetics" link for "Zero Resistance Living" on Dr Dave's Best Anti-aging product page.

It is the very last link on the page but it can be the very first step you take towards a better life.

No comments: