Sunday, April 2, 2006

Dr Dave's Week in Review

Well just when you thought it was safe to come out, the bird flu is back in the news again.

It has now spread to the bird population in Europe and has claimed several more human lives.

It is not a pandemic yet but there is a lot of gloom forecast. It’s guestimated that it will arrive here in October and perhaps begin to take human lives at that point.

In Britain they are already telling people that "plague pits" another name for mass graves will be needed to handle all the human casualties.

I've heard they may consult Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein for some advice on this.

I remind you that this is the very reason we make Immune Booster and the Flu fighter pack.

We got some in last week. Sold out immediately but there is more due in this coming week. Stock up now because if any of these predictions are even 1/100 as bad as the hype you are going to want to protect yourself any way possible.

Speaking of spreading, there are now 8 states with killer bees in them and more to follow.

Sorry, I don't have a supplement to combat this but I do have a tip: don't wear a honey based perfume in the Midwest any time soon.

Google remains a hot topic as it was announced that they will be paying lobbyists and probably helping to support political campaigns as well.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

The other issue was whether it's possible to crack Google's top 10 ranking without a $10,000,000 ad budget.

I can only give you my take on it: I doubt it!

Also in the cyber related news, I finally got to see myspace.com.

I was visiting a friend who has a 16 year old daughter and lo and behold there was the world's most famous website on the screen.

It was either so stupid that I didn't get it or so brilliant that I didn't get it. I'll pick the later because I prefer to think our nation actually has a future.

On the medical horizon, Iowa has experienced a mumps epidemic, the first in the country since 1987.

Iowa health officials commented on this by saying, "The vaccine is working".
Yes there is a case of Instant Einstein in your very near future!

Two other big medically related things happened this week as well.

Medical authorities began to admit that good HDL cholesterol is at least as important as bad in improving your risk of heart attack.

Good news for me since we've seen some HDL increases of greater than 30 points with Super Omega 3

And finally my favorite supplement that every one needs fish oil once again proved superior to flax as it was discovered that millions of people don't have the required enzyme to make flax useful for humans.

Worse, flax may actually be doing damage in these millions of people by turning into a bad fat.

And here's a notable item.

I have been telling you cell phones are dangerous.

Super model Naomi Campbell allegedly used one to beat her housekeeper bloody the other day, so add that to your Dr Dave told ya so list.

And now for the weekly Instant Einstein Award.

This weeks Instant Einstein award goes to my arch enemies, Big Pharmacy.

I must have squeaked a little too loud and got their attention by pointing out how they manipulate our futures in some of my blog posts.

Well I am here to tell you they had the last laugh.

On April 1, 2006 they released a new drug that solves everything for them and makes me look like a total April fool.

You can find out all about it at:

Wonder Drug Inspires Deep, Unwavering Love of Pharmaceutical Companies

But make sure you take your Einstein before hand!

Let's get ready for another great week,

Doc

No comments: