Saturday, April 22, 2006

Food fight - Can we legislate body weight

My cell phone scares me more than the government...and so does my computer.

The reason is that multinational giants can track just about every move I make and classify me down into some very intimate subcategories based on who I call and where I visit.

It's not too hard to imagine the cell phone being used to track people as well since few people seem to be able to live without them.

But our government still weighs in as a big threat to our freedom. Forget the Codex Alimentarius (the law that would put supplements into the hands of Pharmaceutical Giants) for a moment.

Now, Uncle Mad, I mean Uncle Sam is trying to legislate body weight. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Maybe I should just pig out on chocolate while it's still legal.

Our surgeon general says that obesity is a greater threat to our welfare than terrorism and guns combined.

There is no question of that.

But the way(s) that our government wants to tackle that problem make TSA look like a great idea!

Such as: a tax on sodas. Now this is not a bad idea since this may be the number one offender. You may recall my email entitled "Beating the sugar rap" which describes soft drinks as the number one source of high fructose corn syrup.

A fast food tax. Given the drive some Americans have to get to the golden starches and others, I doubt this would stop people. Ever since age 18 when I wrongly predicted people would never stand for gas at a dollar a gallon, I've learned my lesson about raising prices as a deterrent.

It just doesn't work.

I'd love to see a politician run on a platform that taxes or denies Americans food.

That person would go down in history as having the shortest lived political career on record.

My recent blog on the TV show "Honey we're killing the Kids" shows the absolute ludicrousness of the attempts to "educate" on their eating behavior.

It is not that hard actually.

Parents need to grow some cajones again and start doing something that went out of vogue about 20 years ago.

They need to make rules in their own homes and make their children follow them. There are ways to do this without physical contact like removing the TV and limiting computer time.

Also by setting an example and exercising regularly and visibly in front of their kids, and better yet with them.

As a kid I loved the family walks we used to take several times a week.

Now that I've been able to reassemble my family, we are doing them again.

Together.

I also think we could take a lesson from the Department of Highway Safety and put weigh stations outside of the fast food restaurants.

If you weigh too much, you pay too much.

In that tiny number of cases where there is true disease and or a genetic abnormality that causes he problem we could have exception stickers.

Ok, Ok so I am taking it too far.

My point is that in 99% of the cases it's not one's glands, one's metabolism, one's genetics, one's coping skills that causes the obesity we have in this country and all the illnesses it generates.

It's what we put in our mouths and our activity levels.

If you want your kids to get of their ever-expanding and ever-growing more sickly behinds, stop watching TV and parking in front of the computer, you do it first.

Children need structure and authority figures to follow. That has been proven over and over again. They are not happy and can never be well adjusted without that.

So as adults we need to stop acting like children, get up off our behinds and stop watching so much TV and praying to the computer for hours on end.

Or the government may just put a weigh station right outside our doors.

I know it's not easy or fun.

But it has to be done.

I make several supplements including fish oil and Regenerizer, whose ingredients have been shown to affect the way fat is deposited and improve the energy generation by burning fat over other fuels.

A couple of capsules or packets a day will help your body move in the right direction when you do move it.

You'll feel more power coursing through your veins and you'll want to do more.
Energy equals life.

Energy equals power, and power equals force.

So when you force yourself off the sofa and out into the streets to join America's Health and Anti-Aging revolution you'll be able to do so with all the zest and zing you could ever want.

Sign up for the revolution now! Get off your butt and take the first step at Fish oil and Regenerizer.

See you in the streets. Let's take back our helath, our waist lines and our power, our youth and our futures!

And let's lead our kids by example.

Doc

No comments: